Go ahead and make it. You know you want to!
Peaches and Cream Piefrom Recipe Zaar
1¼ hours | 15 min prep
- 3 cups fresh peeled and chopped peaches
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (pie pastry recipe below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream(I substituted coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place 3 cups fresh peaches into pie pastry.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt.
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Blend well.
- Spoon mixture over peaches.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- A pastry blender works well, but a fork will also work.
- Sprinkle meal mixture evenly over pie.
- Bake 60 minutes or until golden.
Nice and Flaky Single Pie Crust Recipe
1/2 cup cold butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. ice cold water
Mix together flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter with pastry cutter, two knives or just your fingers until resembles crumbly meal. Drizzle ice water and mix together until forms dough. Shape into disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes or more. Roll out to fit your pie pan or just use your fingers to press dough into pie pan.