Thursday, December 10, 2009

Great Timing

This afternoon, for a very short time, things seemed to fall perfectly in place. As the kids started the lengthy process of bundling up for going out doors, I nursed Gunnar and put him down for a nap. After that, I finished zipping coats, tucking in gloves, and smothering bare cheeks with good ol' bag balm (my kids faces always seem to get wickedly wind burned). I sent them out doors and set the timer, since the wind chill is well below zero. I looked on the front porch to see that the kids' Christmas presents were delivered. I was able to sneak the box to the basement without worrying about little eyes seeing anything! After that I was able to do a bit of meal prep and make some hot tea to have ready for a chilled, Layla and Julius. The timer went off and the kids reluctantly came back inside. They don't really seem to understand or care much about frostbite! As we sat around the dining room table, chatting and finishing up our tea, the baby woke up from his nap. Since then, "great timing" has fled our presence and we have returned to our normal state of chaos. I sure enjoyed it while it lasted! Don't worry, I enjoy the chaos, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment