Wednesday, May 12, 2010

GAPS Diet Friendly Pizza and "Clever" Stuff


Grain-free crust, with tomato puree, seasonings,
caramelized onions, green peppers and garlic


Topped with sliced tomatoes and cheese


Next time I will be making the crust thinner
and baking it longer so it will be more crispy.


We enjoyed this GAPS diet friendly pizza last night. The crust was made with 2 1/2 cups of ground nuts, 1/4 cup of butter and 3 eggs. Spread the batter on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with your favorite sauce, meat, vegetables and cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes at 500 degrees and enjoy!

Gunnar has been gaining much independence at meal time. I can put a plate of food on his tray and give him a fork or spoon and he just happily eats. About half way through dinner time I have to start paying more attention to him, because as he gets full he tends to start putting his remaining food in his seat or just throws it on the floor. Thank goodness for wood floors!

Yesterday at lunch, Julius dropped his napkin on the floor. Layla picked it up with her feet and stated to Julius, "Aren't I clever! I picked up your napkin with my feet. I can do such clever things with my feet!" Too funny.....and clever!

Julius is getting ready to start the potty training process this Friday. Please pray for us, lol! Potty training is one of my least favorite parenting tasks. I am grateful that Nate is very patient with the process. But, as much as I dislike potty training, I more dislike changing foul diapers. I am also looking forward to having to buy half as many diapers and wipes each month, too. We will keep you posted on Julius progress! Go Julius!

No comments:

Post a Comment