Friday, May 7, 2010

Puddle Jumping



Splashing in muddy water is just the sort of activity that my melancholy nature wants to prohibit, but I am trying to let loose a bit more these days and let the kids, be kids, even if that means more mud and dirty laundry.


Layla and Julius playing with a huge slug and her little slug babies.
I don't really mind since they tend to destroy my hostas.


Gunnar's looks seem to be changing, as he thins out a bit
and looks more like a little boy, and less like a baby.


Some leftover dirt from our "root viewer" kit.
The kids will be able to see what onions, radishes and carrots
look like underground. Thanks Mom and Dad!


Layla poses for a picture next to our
ready-to-bloom irises.


These wild geraniums came from the woods at my parent's house.
They seem to do well under the shade of the lilac bush.


This "Sweet William" has spread nicely. I love to see all
the bare spots in the garden fill up. Less weeding!



We had a nice amount of rain this morning and the kids are thoroughly enjoying the puddles and slugs. I am happy it is Friday. The weekends home with Nate are always so refreshing. I better get back to my mountain of laundry so I can relax with my hubby this weekend.
Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I so enjoyed the puddle jumping pictures. Would like to have joined them. --Pat

    ReplyDelete