Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home Birth Videos

As I get closer to my due date, I have been watching more and more home birth videos and reading home birth stories.  I have done this with my past two pregnancies and it seemed to help prepare me for the big day.  I really aim to watch only "calm" births, as it is my goal to remain as calm as possible.  If a mom is getting too anxious or starts to yell and scream, I quit watching and find a new one, because I don't want to reinforce that in my mind.  Here are a few of my favorite home birth videos that I have come across lately.  Watch only if you are truly intrigued by birth, natural birth and home birth.  These videos aren't too graphic, but they are still real and show some of the graphic parts a baby being born.  I have actually showed these to my children in preparation for our home birth, but don't say I didn't warn you that you might find watching a real childbirth a bit out of your comfort zone!





No comments:

Post a Comment