Tuesday, December 14, 2010

24 Week Belly Pic

Well, I can't believe it's already been 24 weeks.  Between being a mother of three and the fast approaching holiday season, I have been quite distracted from mentally dwelling on this pregnancy.  It's so funny to compare it with my first pregnancy that seemed to occupy my mind 24 hours a day.  With each additional child there was less time to devote such endless mental devotion.  That might sound a bit insincere, but it comes as a relief to me.  Pregnancy is a long process, and I welcome distractions that make the time pass by more quickly, especially because I know the last month or two goes by the slowest.  By then I will be too big and uncomfortable to ignore the obvious and approaching labor will start to weigh heavier on my mind.  So for now I enjoy the days that I often forget I am pregnant.

Sunday morning my fingers were so swollen that I barely jammed on my wedding rings.  "Time to get out the fake ring" Nate exclaimed!  Yes, I have a fake wedding ring for such an occasion.  With my first pregnancy I became allergic to my wedding ring and bought an cheapy fake to take its place.  With my last two pregnancies, I have just needed to bump up a few ring sizes and the fake ring came in handy once again.  So it looks like now I might be ready for it, but I will continue to try and get my real ring on for as long as I can!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny love! You're so cute preggo! Your blog is like my favorite TV show.... I have to know what happens next! I miss you and love you dearly. Keep up the updates sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patricia! I miss you, too! Let me know if you plan on being in town in the near future!

    ReplyDelete