Monday, December 6, 2010

Overcoming Craziness

Man, am I happy that last Tuesday I uploaded photos and scheduled a few blog posts for the week!  Tuesday and Wednesday were filled with laundry, schoolwork and trying to keep a sick boy resting on the couch.  By Wednesday night I was puking.  In the wee hours of Thursday morning, Nate came down with the yucky goodness, too.  We were both so weak and miserable Thursday, that we asked our pastor to bring over some bread, fruit and gatorade, since we were too sick to get to a store ourselves.  He kindly helped us out with our request (Thanks Pastor Jeremy!).  By Thursday evening, both Gunnar and Layla were sick too.  By Friday morning I had more puked on towels, sheets, pillows and blankets than I knew what to do with, on top of two overflowing hampers of dirty clothes.  If I had never scheduled posts to appear throughout the week, it would have been a bit quiet and boring on this blog (not that it isn't anyway) as I never graced the computer for days.

So the weekend was filled with more laundry and I returned to my never ending tasks of sorting stored clothing bins.  Nate graciously got out 6 boxes of books that were packed away while our house was on the market.  We filled a few boxes with books to donate and the kids were in heaven having access to all their old books.  We pretty much survived on toast, peanut butter, fruit and oatmeal for the remainder of the weekend, as our stomach could not handle much beyond these foods.

Today I am still finishing up the last load of puky blankets and pillows.  All the clothing bins have been returned to the basement, and all that remains are a few bins of baby girl bedding and blankets.  I see a light at the end of the tunnel.  It has been a lot of work, but I know I will appreciate it as I access clothes in years to come for the new baby.  I better get off the computer, as it was probably a bit unwise to even use some of this time to write a blog post!  Yikes!  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment