Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Love Spring!

When we left for Florida, our yard still looked very bare. When we arrived home, Spring had transformed our yard. I could not believe how different it looked!

The pear trees had bloomed.

These flowers are beautiful, but I will admit, they have a peculiar smell!

Layla and Julius love to gather flowers from around the yard.

The forsythia bush has already lost many flowers for green leaves.

The crab apple tree is preparing to bloom. I love how this whole tree turns pink in the spring.

This tree was my first mother's day present five years ago. I can't believe how much it has grown....just about as fast as my kids!

The lilac bush is getting ready to bloom, too! These smell heavenly!

Perennials filling up the flower beds.

Grape hyacinths are so adorable.

The kids found this little muscle man hiding in the garden.
Poor guy, I think the kids had him in a panic.

I will try to remember to post pictures of the lilac and crab apple tree after they bloom.
I hope you are enjoying Spring as much as we are!

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures, Sarah.

    We noticed the same thing when we got home from Montana. It snowed every day we were in Montana, but things were blooming by the time we returned home!

    ReplyDelete