Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Busy Weekend

We are back from a long and busy extended weekend. We celebrated my mom's birthday on Saturday with a surprise party that really was no longer a surprise due to my dad spilling the beans. And he was the one that was planning the party! So, we had to do our best to keep her out of the party preparation since she is usually the one who throws parties in our family. We had a great time and I think my mom did, too! My aunt and uncle and their two children were all in town from Las Vegas. They are teachers and they come home every summer for a few months. The kids loved playing with their cousins.

We then stuck around my parent's house until Tuesday afternoon. We went to church with my parents and then visited our friends, Andy and Kami and their beautiful baby boy, Hayden. What a doll. Strawberry blond hair, blue eyes and the chubbiest cheeks! The kind of baby that is so cute you could just eat him up!

On Monday, we went to Island State Park with my grandparents and took the kids swimming. The kids loved the lake and the swings. It was a bit cold for my tastes, so I just hung out on the beach keeping an eye on Gunnar as he played at the water's edge.

I love summer because with Nate not working our schedule can be quite flexible. I also love that my kids get to spend so much time with grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins on both sides of the family. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment