Tuesday, January 5, 2010

For the Record

Time to get a few tidbits about the kids in a post before they leave my mommy brain and vanish for eternity!

Layla
4 years old, will be five in April
47 pounds
3 ft. 10 1/2 in.
Is sounding out most words phonetically
Loves to dance and sing, or just perform for an audience in general
Likes to tickle, even when you ask her to stop
Crosses her eyes and makes the funniest faces
Asks questions incessantly
Says funny things like "I am so excited to live by myself someday with my husband."
Can not get enough shrimp. She actually complained today because for some reason I had no shrimp in the house
Is the biggest chocolate lover in the household
Constantly gives Nathan and I a run for our money

Julius
Will be 3 years old in a few weeks
27 pounds (he's our lightweight!)
3 ft. 2 in.
Will be surrendering his pacifier upon turning 3 years old
Desperately needs to be potty trained
Chatters non stop
Loves women's hair
Huge teaser and jokester (gets it from his dad)
Says "I love you all the time" and adds "all the time" to many other phrases.
Always asking for mommy or daddy to hold him
Gets upset when his big head makes it hard to change his shirt. Says, "I want yiddle head, don't want big head."
Tries his hardest to keep up with his big sister, Layla
We are figuring out he's a tad sneaky
Has been asking for pie every meal for two days straight

Layla and Julius play very well together. They have the best imaginations and create daring adventures together where they save each other from falling in water and other dangerous things. They say "yum and crumb" when they are enjoying something really tasty to eat. I don't know where it came from, but it makes me picture little English children having their tea and crumpets. Layla and Julius share a room and really enjoy each others company. They have their moments of bickering and teasing, but overall, they are the best of friends.

Gunnar
Almost 10 months old
Around 18 pounds
2 ft. 3 in.
Has his bottom two teeth and just broke both top front teeth a few days ago
Crawls everywhere and pulls himself up on furniture
My best nurser yet, with much less exposure to food than my first two babies. Has been enjoying morsels from the table. Recently has had gumbo, pizza, broccoli, carrots and gingerbread. Seems to like everything he tastes.
Waves hello, claps his hands, and will even lift his hands to "Praise the Lord"
Says "hi, mama, dada, Layla" and will shake his head back and forth for "no"
Is known to headbutt and bite shoulders
Can be the most smiley and flirty baby, but has a sassy stubborn streak
Loves to be held
Sleeps with us at night, but in his crib during the day
Will soon be sleeping more in his crib at night, but don't say anything to him about that just yet!

Gunnar loves to get in the mix with his big brother and sister. They make him smile and laugh. I think they will be caught off guard when he can really run around with them in the not so distant future. It will be interesting to see how that changes the dynamics of our family unit!

Well, that's all for now. I can't seem to remember anything else at the moment. I feel relieved to have this blog for such details and memories, since I am lousy at keeping a baby book or journal for my children. Thank goodness for the Internet! Now my children just might be able to escape years of counseling!

No comments:

Post a Comment