Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Forming New Habits


Layla kindly made this sign for me this weekend. I've been keeping it on the kitchen counter. As my family grows and we journey further into homeschooling, my daily routine of showering in the morning was becoming a thorn in my side. Oh, it works fine when children can play nicely while you shower and a baby can sit in a bouncer or exersaucer in the bathroom with you. But once your baby outgrows all that stuff, morning shower time can become complicated.

For quite some time I have been sticking Gunnar in his crib while I shower, but then I have to listen to him cry and call for me most of the time, which doesn't lend to a pleasant showering experience. The other option is waiting until nap time, which was fine when he still napped in the morning, but now he only sleeps in the afternoon. I feel gross having to wait that long to get cleaned up. The third option would be to wake up before Nate and shower. Let's just say that was not going to happen. At least not anytime soon, lol! I can just barely cope with getting up between 6:30 and 7:30 am most days, and some days not at all.

So, showering at night was becoming critical. I realized this a loooooong time ago, but I have struggled to make the change. Layla and Julius were encouraging me because they like that I am more available since I don't have to spend all that time getting ready. So I started Sunday night and I managed to repeat the habit last night, too! I just got to keep going, because it just removes one more thing from a potentially crazy day to try and get done. Thanks, Layla. I think your sign is working. You can keep pestering Mommy. I don't mind the (nagging) encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment